Here my goals and the jobs I’m working on for 3/26/2016. Thanks again for all your detailed comments and feedback! Remember you can follow me on Twitter to get more updates.
What’s Going On
I completed my goal of creating a master list where you can find all currently translated material for Fire Emblem Fates. Hopefully, this will make it easier to navigate the site as more and more content gets uploaded.
I completed my goal to start translating other parts of the game. I started with the Arena Messages List.
I completed my goal to respond to people’s feedback and edit translations for greater fluency. These changes can be found on the Changelog.
I completed my goal to post at least five new support conversations, and finished uploading two more complete sets of support conversations, which are Lazwald x Luna and Rinka x Saizou. The conversations I did yesterday are as follows:
- Continue to upload at least five more pages of support conversations, to continue to be consistent
- Post the first Fawful Friday posts. Fawful Friday is where I post translations that are not related to Fire Emblem Fates, but to the wider realm of Japanese-related things. I’ll be uploading some of my past stuff and translating an interview 4Gamer did with CERO, the ratings board for Japanese games. If you don’t know who Fawful is, this video should explain things to you.
- To get a little more done with the work in the Current Requests page, which is now updated with the requests I’ve gotten.
Possible complications: I’ve got a lot of work to do today. Hopefully I can get it all done and it’s not too much.
For that reason, I’m going to hold off from replying to comments and editing translations for today, just so I can focus on these areas. Please understand that I am not ignoring you guys’ fantastic contributions, there are just times when I need to focus on other things. Please continue to give feedback, because I do see it and note it and appreciate it and I will get around to implementing it.
As well, I’ve decided that in order to not burn out, I’ll take every Saturday off for rest, because it’s my favorite day of the week. I hope this doesn’t offend you, but I think I’ll need it as time goes on and the grind gets more serious. I will devote a lot of Sunday to implementing your ideas and changes to the scripts.
How you can help out: Provide constructive criticism about the translations I post. Provide continuing feedback about site issues and what you’d like to see me focus on next in the translation. Tell me if the Fawful Friday things I post are informative, or if you’d like to see me focus on a different area.
Jobs I Need Done
- I need people to spread the word, so we can get as much help as possible!
- As always I need feedback wherever solicited or on relevant translation pages!
- If some kind soul would provide the number of My Castle system menu dumps for different facilities/gameplay menus I need to translate, I would be eternally grateful.
Thank you in advance for any help you give and may the ravens always smile upon you!
As always, there’s a page to discuss or contact me about how they’d like to help out with the Fire Emblem Fates project. You can use that page for the remaining days of March to discuss things with other members in a more general nature. Thank you for all the people who contacted me or contributed so far! Much love and kisses! As well, don’t forget there’s also a page for you to request any kind of Japanese information you need, regardless of whether it’s about Fire Emblem Fates or not.