Here my goals and the jobs I’m working on for 4/2/2016. Eternal gratitude to all the people who have reached out in support! Remember to follow me on Twitter to get more updates.
What’s Going On
I met my goal of translating a lot of support conversations, six to be exact, and another skinship dialogue list! Ryan’s got his groove back, baby! You can find them below:
As well, with Fawful Friday, I posted two past articles/translations I did: one, a summary of Japan Parliament member Taro Yamada’s response to the UN’s latest attack on free speech within manga, anime and games in Japan, and the other an older translated article about the Fire Emblem Fates localization controversy.
The last Fawful Friday article, a translation of an extremely long Star Ocean 5 interview at 4Gamer was so long I couldn’t finish it. Paying work got in the way and if the stars align, it should be done today, so check back this even if you were looking forward to that.
- 5+ support conversations
- Start doing some more Skinship dialogue for the translation patch team
- Respond to feedback and update translations with corrections
Possible Complications: Work.
How you can help out: Of course, I always need help from English speakers to improve the English fluency in my translations. Perhaps there’s nothing you can suggest to improve? Even posting “This one looks okay” on a page with no comments will help me out, so if you’ve got a few spare moments, help me out! You can see updates for all the changes I’m making in the Changelog.
Jobs I Need Done
- Know a Fire Emblem fan who would appreciate this place? Know somebody who wants to read accurate information about Japan or request it? Spread the word! I need all the eyes I can get.
- As always, feedback on translations and polls is always appreciated.
- On the Project Help page a discussion has been started about translating honorifics for Byakuya Kingdom’s characters, since they ostensibly take place in a fictional Japan. Go there (link right below this) and lend your thoughts to the conversation. I’ll of course change to whatever the strongest consensus is.
As always, there’s a page to discuss matter with others or contact me about how they’d like to help out with the Fire Emblem Fates project. It’s been updated to a new page for April. You can use that page for April to discuss things with other members in a more general nature. Thank you for all the people who contacted me or contributed so far! Much love and respect! As well, don’t forget there’s also a page for you to request any kind of Japanese information you need, regardless of whether it’s about Fire Emblem Fates or not. This page has also been updated for April.