Welcome to the first edition of today’s jobs. Here I’ll briefly list what’s going on, what goals I have for today and how you can help out. Follow me on Twitter to get more updates.
What’s Going On
All engines are go. I posted the first two support conversations yesterday, Lazwald x Luna C, and Rinka x Tsubaki C. I also posted two polls to gain feedback about translation approaches to take, one about main place names and one about to how to handle Luna’s name.
Comments, votes and feedback are always appreciated, so if you have something to say about any of that, check it out and get involved!
I also created one page for people to discuss or contact me about how they’d like to help out. You can use that page for the remaining days of March to discuss things with other members in a more general nature. Thank you for all the people who contacted me or contributed so far! Much love and kisses! There’s also a page for you to request any kind of Japanese information you need, regardless of whether it’s about Fire Emblem Fates or not.
- Respond to comments and constructive criticism
- Upload at least five more pages of support conversations
- Gain feedback on how to go about Kamui personality/politeness choices that were in the Japanese version, but not the official US version
Possible complications: I have a real life client whose work I need to turn in today and it will take several hours to finish. Gotta eat to translate ya know!
How you can help out: Provide constructive criticism about the translations I post. Provide feedback about the issue of Kamui’s personality/politeness choices as I bring it up and introduce what the problem is.
Jobs I Need Done
- I need somebody to count the total amount of support conversations so I can provide a metric for people to show how much of the total I’ve done. There are some materials you can use to count the total amount in this pastebin here. PLEASE PROVIDE IT IN THE COMMENTS, SO PEOPLE KNOW SOMEBODY’S DONE IT. If you e-mail or DM it to me, someone else might do it too and that would be a shame!
- I need feedback in the comments below about what part to attack next after support conversations
- I need feedback in the comments below about the best way to implement constructive criticism changes in the script. I was thinking of strikethrough for the original line and the modified line before it. Is there a better way?
- I need people to spread the word, so we can get as much help as possible!
Thank you in advance for any help you give and may the ravens always smile upon you!